Ductile Iron Nor-Mex Couplings Size 50/67/82/97/112/128/148/168/194/214/240/265/295/330/370/415/480/575
Mighty can produce full series of Normex couplings: NM 50, NM 67, NM 82, NM 97, NM 112, NM 128, NM 148, NM 168, NM 194, NM 214, NM 240, NM 265, NM 295, NM 330, NM 370, NM 415, NM 480, NM 575.
Material: cast iron GG25;
ore type: pilot bore, finished bore for set screw, bearing, keyway, taper bush;
Surface finish: phosphate coated.
ZheJiang Mighty Machinery Co., Ltd. specializes in offering best service and the most competitive price for our customer.
After over 10 years’ hard work, MIGHTY’s business has grown rapidly and become an important partner for oversea clients in the industrial field and become a holding company for 3 manufacturing factories.
MIGHTY’s products have obtained reputation of domestic and oversea customers with taking advantage of technology, management, quality and very competitive price.
Your satisfaction is the biggest motivation for our work, choose us to get high quality products and best service.
Timing belt pulleys, timing bars, timing belt clamping plates.
Locking elements and shrink discs: could be alternative for Ringfeder, Sati, Chiaravalli, BEA, KBK, Tollok, etc.
V belt pulleys and taper lock bush.
Sprockets, idler, and plate wheels.
Gears and racks: spur gear, helical gear, bevel gear, worm gear, gear rack.
Shaft couplings: miniature coupling, curved tooth coupling, chain coupling, HRC coupling, normex coupling, FCL coupling, GE coupling, rigid and flexible coupling, jaw coupling, disc coupling, multi-beam coupling, universal joint, torque limiter, shaft collars.
Forging, Casting, Stamping Parts.
Other customized power transmission products and Machining Parts (OEM).
1. Engineering: machine tools, foundry equipments, conveyors, compressors, painting systems, etc.
2. Pharmaceuticals& Food Processing: pulp mill blowers, conveyor in warehouse, agitators, grain, boiler, bakery machine, labeling machine, robots, etc.
3. Agriculture Industries: cultivator, rice winnower tractor, harvester, rice planter, farm equipment, etc.
4. Texitile Mills: looms, spinning, wrappers, high-speed auto looms, processing machine, twister, carding machine, ruler calendar machine, high speed winder, etc.
5. Printing Machinery: newspaper press, rotary machine, screen printer machine, linotype machine offset printer, etc.
6. Paper Industries: chipper roll grinder, cut off saw, edgers, flotation cell and chips saws, etc.
7. Building Construction Machinery: buffers, elevator floor polisher mixing machine, vibrator, hoists, crusher, etc.
8. Office Equipments: typewriter, plotters, camera, money drive, money sorting machine, data storage equipment, etc.
9. Glass and Plastic Industries: conveyor, carton sealers, grinders, creeper paper manufacturing machine, lintec backing, etc.
10. Home Appliances: vacuum cleaner, laundry machine, icecream machine, sewing machine, kitchen equipments, etc.
Q: Are you trading company or manufacturer ?
A: We are factory.
Q: How long is your delivery time?
A: Generally it is 5-10 days if the goods are in stock. or it is 15-20 days if the goods are not in stock, it is according to quantity.
Q: Do you provide samples ? is it free or extra ?
A: Yes, we could offer the sample for free charge but do not pay the cost of freight.
Q: What is your terms of payment ?
A: Payment=1000USD, 30% T/T in advance ,balance before shippment.
If you have another question, pls feel free to contact us as below:
We warmly welcome friends from domestic and abroad come to us for business negotiation and cooperation for mutual benefit. To supply customers excellent quality products with good price and punctual delivery time is our responsibility.
Any question or inquiry, pls contact us without hesitate, we assure any of your inquiry will get our prompt attention and reply!
|Standard Or Nonstandard:||Standard|
|Shaft Hole:||50-218 mm|
|Bore Diameter:||7-95 mm|
|Structure:||Jaw / Spider|
Can flexible couplings be used in both horizontal and vertical shaft arrangements?
Yes, flexible couplings can be used in both horizontal and vertical shaft arrangements. The design of flexible couplings allows them to accommodate misalignment and compensate for angular, parallel, and axial displacements between the shafts, making them suitable for various shaft orientations.
Horizontal Shaft Arrangements:
In horizontal shaft arrangements, where the shafts are parallel to the ground or horizontal plane, flexible couplings are commonly used to connect two rotating shafts. These couplings help transmit torque from one shaft to another while accommodating any misalignment that may occur during operation. Horizontal shaft arrangements are common in applications such as pumps, compressors, conveyors, and industrial machinery.
Vertical Shaft Arrangements:
In vertical shaft arrangements, where the shafts are perpendicular to the ground or vertical plane, flexible couplings are also applicable. Vertical shafts often require couplings that can handle the additional weight and forces resulting from gravity. Flexible couplings designed for vertical applications can support the weight of the rotating equipment while allowing for some axial movement to accommodate thermal expansion or other displacements. Vertical shaft arrangements are commonly found in applications such as pumps, gearboxes, turbines, and some marine propulsion systems.
Considerations for Vertical Shaft Arrangements:
When using flexible couplings in vertical shaft arrangements, there are a few additional considerations to keep in mind:
- Thrust Load: Vertical shafts can generate thrust loads, especially in upward or downward direction. The flexible coupling should be selected based on its capacity to handle both radial and axial loads to accommodate these forces.
- Lubrication: Some vertical couplings may require additional lubrication to ensure smooth operation and reduce wear, particularly if they are exposed to high axial loads or extended vertical shafts.
- Support and Bearing: Proper support and bearing arrangements for the vertical shaft are essential to prevent excessive shaft deflection and ensure the flexible coupling functions correctly.
Overall, flexible couplings are versatile and adaptable to various shaft orientations, providing efficient power transmission and misalignment compensation. Whether in horizontal or vertical arrangements, using the appropriate flexible coupling design and considering the specific application requirements will help ensure reliable and efficient operation.
Can flexible couplings be used for both motor-to-shaft and shaft-to-shaft connections?
Yes, flexible couplings can be used for both motor-to-shaft and shaft-to-shaft connections in various applications. The versatility of flexible couplings allows them to adapt to different types of connections and meet the specific requirements of the system.
When connecting a motor to a shaft, a flexible coupling serves as an intermediary component that joins the motor shaft and the driven shaft. Flexible couplings are commonly used in motor-driven systems to accommodate misalignment between the motor and the driven load. In motor applications, flexible couplings help reduce stress and wear on the motor bearings, thus extending the motor’s life and enhancing overall system reliability. They also act as vibration dampeners, minimizing vibrations transmitted from the motor to the driven shaft, and subsequently to connected equipment, ensuring smoother operation.
In many mechanical systems, such as those in the manufacturing, automation, and power transmission industries, shaft-to-shaft connections are required. A flexible coupling can bridge the gap between two shafts and transmit torque while accommodating misalignment. This type of coupling is commonly used to connect shafts that are not perfectly aligned due to factors like manufacturing tolerances, thermal expansion, or foundation settling. By allowing for misalignment, the flexible coupling protects the connected components from excessive stresses and ensures efficient power transmission.
Versatility and Advantages:
The ability of flexible couplings to handle both motor-to-shaft and shaft-to-shaft connections makes them versatile solutions for a wide range of industrial applications. Some of the advantages of using flexible couplings in these connections include:
- Minimizing stress and wear on connected components, such as bearings and seals.
- Compensating for misalignment, ensuring smooth power transmission.
- Damping vibrations and shock loads, reducing the risk of mechanical failures.
- Protecting equipment from excessive forces, enhancing system reliability.
- Simplifying installation and alignment procedures, reducing downtime.
- Improving overall system performance and operational efficiency.
Flexible couplings find applications in a wide range of industries, including manufacturing, material handling, automotive, aerospace, robotics, and more. Whether connecting a motor to a shaft or joining two shafts directly, flexible couplings play a crucial role in enhancing the reliability and efficiency of rotating machinery and mechanical systems.
In conclusion, flexible couplings can effectively serve as connectors for both motor-to-shaft and shaft-to-shaft connections, providing essential misalignment compensation and protection for connected equipment in various industrial applications.
Are there any limitations or disadvantages of using flexible couplings?
While flexible couplings offer numerous advantages, they do come with some limitations and disadvantages that should be considered when selecting them for specific applications. Here are some of the common limitations and disadvantages of using flexible couplings:
- Torsional Stiffness: Flexible couplings provide some level of torsional flexibility, which is advantageous in many applications. However, in systems that require high precision and minimal angular deflection, the inherent flexibility of the coupling may not be suitable. In such cases, a rigid coupling may be more appropriate.
- Limitation in High-Torque Applications: While some flexible couplings can handle moderate to high torque levels, they may not be as well-suited for extremely high-torque applications. In such cases, specialized couplings, such as gear couplings, may be required to handle the high torque demands.
- Temperature Limitations: The performance of certain flexible coupling materials, especially elastomers and plastics, may be affected by extreme temperature conditions. High temperatures can lead to premature wear and reduced lifespan of the coupling, while low temperatures may result in reduced flexibility and potential brittleness.
- Chemical Compatibility: Certain flexible coupling materials may not be compatible with certain chemicals or substances present in the application’s environment. Exposure to chemicals can cause degradation or corrosion of the coupling material, affecting its performance and lifespan.
- Installation and Alignment: Flexible couplings require proper installation and alignment to function effectively. If not installed correctly, misalignment issues may persist, leading to premature wear and reduced performance. Aligning the shafts accurately can be time-consuming and may require specialized equipment and expertise.
- Cost: In some cases, flexible couplings may be more expensive than rigid couplings due to their more complex design and use of specialized materials. However, the cost difference is often justified by the benefits they offer in terms of misalignment compensation and vibration damping.
- Service Life: The service life of a flexible coupling can vary depending on the application’s conditions and the quality of the coupling. Regular maintenance and timely replacement of worn or damaged parts are essential to ensure the coupling’s longevity and prevent unexpected failures.
Despite these limitations, flexible couplings remain highly valuable components in a wide range of applications, providing efficient torque transmission and compensating for misalignment. Proper selection, installation, and maintenance can help mitigate many of the disadvantages associated with flexible couplings, ensuring their reliable and long-lasting performance in various mechanical systems.
editor by CX 2023-10-05