Cast Iron Spider Rubber Flexible NM 128 water pump Shaft coupling
Cast iron NM flexible shaft coupling is a cylindrical pin made of some non-metallic materials, which is placed between the 2 sides of the coupling and the inner surface of the outer ring, and a device to transfer the torque through the column pin to realize the connection between 2 half couplings.
Cast iron NM flexible shaft coupling between the slider made of bakelite cloth or polyurethane, suitable for high speed, large torque, no sharp impact of the 2 connections. The standard code of the pump industry is Bl104. The maximum allowable torque is 850N m, and the maximum shaft diameter is 50mm.
The characteristics of the China Manufactory NM Spider Coupling:
1. It is small in size, light in quality, simple in structure, convenient in installation and low in price. It is often used in small power occasions.
2, the transmission torque is large, and in the same torque, most of the rotary diameter is smaller than the tooth coupling, and it can partly replace the tooth coupling.
3, the inertia force is small, it is suitable for 2 axis connection with little torque, high speed and no sharp impact. The transmission torque of nylon slider is small, but it is more suitable for high-speed operation without lubrication.
Packaging & Shipping
All the products can be packed in cartons,or,you can choose the pallet packing.
MADE IN CHINA can be pressed on wooden cases.Land,air,sea transportation are available.UPS,DHL,TNT,
FedEx and EMS are all supported.
About Mighty Machinery
ZheJiang Mighty Machinery Co., Ltd., specializes in manufacturing Mechanical Power Transmission Products. After over 13 years hard work, MIGHTY have already get the certificate of ISO9001:2000 and become a holding company for 3 manufacturing factories.
1, Abundant experience in the mechanical processing industries.
2,Large quality of various material purchase and stock in warhouse which ensure the low cost for the material and production in time.
3,Now have 5 technical staff, we have strong capacity for design and process design, and more than 70 worker now work in our FTY and double shift eveyday.
4,Strick quality control are apply in the whole prodution. we have incoming inspection,process inspection and final production inspection which can ensure the perfect of the goods quality.
5,Long time cooperate with the Global Buyer, make us easy to understand the csutomer and handle the export.
Q1: Are you trading company or manufacturer ?
A: We are factory.
Q2:Do you provide samples ? is it free or extra ?
A: : Yes, we could offer the sample but not for free.Actually we have a very good price principle, when you make the bulk order then cost of sample will be return to you.
Q3: How long is your delivery time?
A: Generally it is 10-15 days if the goods are in stock. Or it is 7-25 days if the goods are not in stock, it is according to quantity.
Q4:How long is your warranty?
A: Our Warranty is 12 month.
Q5 :Do you have inspection procedures for coupling ?
A:100% self-inspection before packing
Q6. What’s your payment?
A:1) 100% T/T. 2) 30% in advance, others before shipment. 3) L/C Q7:Can I have a visit to your factory before the order? A: Sure,welcome to visit our factory.
|Standard Or Nonstandard:||Standard|
|Structure:||Jaw / Spider|
Can flexible couplings be used in both horizontal and vertical shaft arrangements?
Yes, flexible couplings can be used in both horizontal and vertical shaft arrangements. The design of flexible couplings allows them to accommodate misalignment and compensate for angular, parallel, and axial displacements between the shafts, making them suitable for various shaft orientations.
Horizontal Shaft Arrangements:
In horizontal shaft arrangements, where the shafts are parallel to the ground or horizontal plane, flexible couplings are commonly used to connect two rotating shafts. These couplings help transmit torque from one shaft to another while accommodating any misalignment that may occur during operation. Horizontal shaft arrangements are common in applications such as pumps, compressors, conveyors, and industrial machinery.
Vertical Shaft Arrangements:
In vertical shaft arrangements, where the shafts are perpendicular to the ground or vertical plane, flexible couplings are also applicable. Vertical shafts often require couplings that can handle the additional weight and forces resulting from gravity. Flexible couplings designed for vertical applications can support the weight of the rotating equipment while allowing for some axial movement to accommodate thermal expansion or other displacements. Vertical shaft arrangements are commonly found in applications such as pumps, gearboxes, turbines, and some marine propulsion systems.
Considerations for Vertical Shaft Arrangements:
When using flexible couplings in vertical shaft arrangements, there are a few additional considerations to keep in mind:
- Thrust Load: Vertical shafts can generate thrust loads, especially in upward or downward direction. The flexible coupling should be selected based on its capacity to handle both radial and axial loads to accommodate these forces.
- Lubrication: Some vertical couplings may require additional lubrication to ensure smooth operation and reduce wear, particularly if they are exposed to high axial loads or extended vertical shafts.
- Support and Bearing: Proper support and bearing arrangements for the vertical shaft are essential to prevent excessive shaft deflection and ensure the flexible coupling functions correctly.
Overall, flexible couplings are versatile and adaptable to various shaft orientations, providing efficient power transmission and misalignment compensation. Whether in horizontal or vertical arrangements, using the appropriate flexible coupling design and considering the specific application requirements will help ensure reliable and efficient operation.
How does a flexible coupling impact the overall reliability of connected equipment?
A flexible coupling significantly impacts the overall reliability of connected equipment in several ways:
- Misalignment Compensation: Flexible couplings can accommodate both angular and parallel misalignment between connected shafts. By allowing for misalignment, the coupling reduces the stress and wear on bearings, seals, and other rotating components. This feature prevents premature failure of these components, contributing to improved reliability and extended equipment lifespan.
- Vibration Damping: Flexible couplings possess inherent damping properties due to their elastomeric or flexible elements. These elements absorb and dissipate vibrations generated during the operation of machinery. By dampening vibrations, the coupling protects the connected equipment from excessive oscillations, reducing fatigue and preventing mechanical failures. This enhanced vibration control increases the reliability of the system.
- Shock Load Absorption: In applications with sudden load variations or shock loads, such as in heavy machinery or high-speed equipment, a flexible coupling acts as a shock absorber. It can absorb and dissipate the impact energy, protecting the machinery from damage caused by sudden loads. The ability to absorb shock loads contributes to the overall reliability of the connected equipment.
- Reduced Wear and Tear: The flexibility of the coupling minimizes stress and wear on rotating equipment. It allows for slight movements and misalignments, reducing friction and stress on bearings and other critical components. This reduction in wear and tear lowers the frequency of maintenance and replacement, increasing the overall reliability of the equipment.
- Compensation for Thermal Expansion: Temperature changes in machinery can lead to thermal expansion or contraction of shafts. A flexible coupling can compensate for these thermal effects, ensuring that the machinery remains properly aligned even as temperature conditions fluctuate. This compensation prevents binding and misalignment, promoting reliable performance.
- Protection Against Overloads: Flexible couplings help protect connected equipment from overloads and torsional vibrations. They act as a mechanical fuse, disconnecting the driveline when an overload occurs, thus preventing damage to expensive machinery. This safety feature enhances the overall reliability and reduces the risk of catastrophic failures.
- Easy Maintenance and Alignment: Flexible couplings are designed for easy installation and alignment. This feature simplifies maintenance procedures, making it easier to inspect and replace couplings when necessary. Properly aligned couplings lead to improved equipment performance and longevity, enhancing overall reliability.
By compensating for misalignment, damping vibrations, absorbing shock loads, reducing wear and tear, and providing other protective features, a flexible coupling significantly improves the reliability of connected equipment. It extends the lifespan of critical components, minimizes downtime, and ensures smooth and efficient operation, making it a valuable component in various industrial applications.
What materials are commonly used in manufacturing flexible couplings?
Flexible couplings are manufactured using a variety of materials, each offering different properties and characteristics suited for specific applications. The choice of material depends on factors such as the application’s requirements, environmental conditions, torque capacity, and desired flexibility. Here are some of the commonly used materials in manufacturing flexible couplings:
- Steel: Steel is a widely used material in flexible couplings due to its strength, durability, and excellent torque transmission capabilities. Steel couplings are suitable for heavy-duty industrial applications with high torque requirements and harsh operating conditions.
- Stainless Steel: Stainless steel is often used to manufacture flexible couplings in environments with high corrosion potential. Stainless steel couplings offer excellent resistance to rust and other corrosive elements, making them ideal for marine, food processing, and chemical industry applications.
- Aluminum: Aluminum couplings are lightweight, have low inertia, and provide excellent balance. They are commonly used in applications where reducing weight is critical, such as aerospace and robotics.
- Brass: Brass couplings are known for their electrical conductivity and are used in applications where electrical grounding or electrical isolation is required, such as in certain industrial machinery or electronics equipment.
- Cast Iron: Cast iron couplings offer good strength and durability and are often used in industrial applications where resistance to shock loads and vibrations is necessary.
- Plastic/Polymer: Some flexible couplings use high-performance polymers or plastics, such as polyurethane or nylon. These materials provide good flexibility, low friction, and resistance to chemicals. Plastic couplings are suitable for applications where corrosion resistance and lightweight are essential.
- Elastomers: Elastomers are used as the flexible elements in many flexible couplings. Materials like natural rubber, neoprene, or urethane are commonly used as elastomer spider elements, providing flexibility and vibration damping properties.
The selection of the coupling material depends on the specific needs of the application. For instance, high-performance and heavy-duty applications may require steel or stainless steel couplings for their robustness, while applications where weight reduction is crucial may benefit from aluminum or polymer couplings. Additionally, the choice of material is influenced by factors such as temperature range, chemical exposure, and electrical requirements in the application’s operating environment.
Manufacturers typically provide material specifications for their couplings, helping users make informed decisions based on the specific demands of their applications.
editor by CX 2023-10-21