NM Flexible Rubber Shaft Coupling and normex shaft coupling
NM flexible shaft coupling is a cylindrical pin made of some non-metallic materials, which is placed between the 2 sides of the coupling and the inner surface of the outer ring, and a device to transfer the torque through the column pin to realize the connection between 2 half couplings. NM flexible shaft coupling between the slider made of bakelite cloth or polyurethane, suitable for high speed, large torque, no sharp impact of the 2 connections.
1:with CE certificate
2:full detection of quality before delivery
3:OEM is welcomed
4:rich experience in precision casting
|material||steel or iron as your requirement|
|Process||CNC and Powder metallurgy as your choice|
|surface treatment||Dacromet, SECC,anodizing, zinc plate, and electroplating,etc.|
|Machine||CNC machine,lathe, mill and grinding machine, planing, drilling toll|
Packaging & Shipping
Chain+Plastic Bag+ Carton+Wooden case ( If you have other requirements, we can customized according to customer requirements packaging.)
1.Most of the standard ones are in stock which we can send in 3-10 days after inspection and package.
2. Customized products delivery time should be determined according to the number.
1. Sample – Q: Do you provide samples?
A: Yes. Sample will be provided according to drawing for non standard parts.
2. MOQ – Q: What is your MOQ?
A: Large parts 10 pcs, small parts 200 pcs.
3. Port – Q: Which port you usually use?
A: ZheJiang , HangZhou, HangZhou
4. Payment-Q: What is your payment terms?
A: small order: 100% in advance by credit card,T/T
large order: 30% T/T in advance, 70% against copy of B/L
Differnt countries may different.
5. Delievery-Q: How long is your delivery time?
A: Stock products: 3 business days
Made-to-order: Generally 15-25 business days after payment received
6. Quality– Q: How about your quality or main customers?
A: Top quality which is verified by ISO 9001: 2008.
|Standard Or Nonstandard:||Standard|
|Structure:||Jaw / Spider|
Can flexible couplings accommodate high torque and high-speed applications?
Yes, flexible couplings can accommodate both high torque and high-speed applications, but the suitability depends on the specific design and material of the flexible coupling. Different types of flexible couplings have varying torque and speed capacities, and it’s crucial to select the right type of coupling based on the application requirements.
High Torque Applications:
Some flexible couplings, such as gear couplings and disc couplings, are designed to handle high torque levels. Gear couplings consist of toothed hubs that mesh with each other, providing a robust and efficient torque transmission. They are commonly used in heavy-duty industrial applications, such as steel mills, mining equipment, and power generation plants, where high torque loads are prevalent.
Disc couplings are also suitable for high torque applications. They use a series of flexible metal discs that can handle significant torque while compensating for misalignment. Disc couplings are often used in high-speed machinery and critical applications where precise torque transmission is essential.
Flexible couplings can also be used in high-speed applications. For instance, certain disc couplings, elastomeric couplings, and grid couplings are capable of handling high rotational speeds. These couplings have low inertia, which means they can respond quickly to changes in speed and provide efficient power transmission at high RPMs.
Elastomeric couplings, such as jaw couplings and tire couplings, are commonly used in various industrial applications, including pumps, compressors, and fans, where both torque and speed requirements are high. They offer good flexibility and damping properties, making them suitable for applications with high-speed variations and vibrations.
When selecting a flexible coupling for high torque and high-speed applications, several factors should be considered:
- The torque and speed ratings provided by the coupling manufacturer should be checked to ensure they meet or exceed the application’s requirements.
- The design and materials of the coupling should be suitable for the specific operating conditions, including temperature, environment, and potential exposure to corrosive substances.
- Proper alignment and installation of the coupling are critical to ensure optimal performance and prevent premature wear.
- In some cases, it may be necessary to use additional components, such as torque limiters or speed reducers, to protect the coupling and the connected equipment from excessive loads or speed fluctuations.
In conclusion, flexible couplings can indeed accommodate high torque and high-speed applications, but the appropriate coupling type and proper selection are essential to ensure reliable and efficient performance in these demanding conditions.
What are the factors to consider when choosing a flexible coupling for a specific system?
Choosing the right flexible coupling for a specific system requires careful consideration of several factors. The following are the key factors that should be taken into account:
- 1. Misalignment Requirements: Assess the type and magnitude of misalignment expected in the system. Different couplings are designed to handle specific types of misalignment, such as angular, parallel, or axial misalignment. Choose a coupling that can accommodate the expected misalignment to prevent premature wear and failure.
- 2. Torque Capacity: Determine the required torque capacity of the coupling to ensure it can transmit the necessary power between the shafts. Consider both the continuous and peak torque loads that the system may experience.
- 3. Operating Speed: Take into account the rotational speed of the system. High-speed applications may require couplings that can handle the additional centrifugal forces and balance requirements.
- 4. Temperature Range: Consider the operating temperature range of the system. Select a coupling material that can withstand the temperatures encountered without losing its mechanical properties.
- 5. Environment and Conditions: Evaluate the environmental conditions where the coupling will be used, such as exposure to moisture, chemicals, dust, or corrosive substances. Choose a coupling material that is compatible with the operating environment.
- 6. Space Constraints: Assess the available space for the coupling installation. Some couplings have compact designs suitable for applications with limited space.
- 7. Installation and Maintenance: Consider the ease of installation and maintenance. Some couplings may require special tools or disassembly for maintenance, while others offer quick and simple installation.
- 8. Torsional Stiffness: Evaluate the torsional stiffness of the coupling. A balance between flexibility and stiffness is essential to prevent excessive torsional vibrations while accommodating misalignment.
- 9. Shock and Vibration Damping: For applications with high shock loads or vibration, select a coupling with excellent damping characteristics to protect the system from excessive forces.
- 10. Cost and Budget: Compare the cost of the coupling with the overall budget for the system. Consider the long-term cost implications, including maintenance and replacement expenses.
Ultimately, the choice of a flexible coupling should align with the specific requirements and operating conditions of the system. Consulting with coupling manufacturers or engineering experts can provide valuable insights to ensure the optimal selection of a coupling that enhances system performance, reliability, and efficiency.
How do you select the appropriate flexible coupling for a specific application?
Choosing the right flexible coupling for a specific application requires careful consideration of various factors to ensure optimal performance, reliability, and longevity. Here are the key steps to select the appropriate flexible coupling:
- Application Requirements: Understand the specific requirements of the application, including torque and speed specifications, misalignment conditions, operating environment (e.g., temperature, humidity, and presence of corrosive substances), and space limitations.
- Torque Capacity: Determine the maximum torque that the coupling needs to transmit. Choose a flexible coupling with a torque rating that exceeds the application’s requirements to ensure a safety margin and prevent premature failure.
- Misalignment Compensation: Consider the type and magnitude of misalignment that the coupling needs to accommodate. Different coupling designs offer varying degrees of misalignment compensation. Select a coupling that can handle the expected misalignment in the system.
- Vibration Damping: If the application involves significant vibrations, choose a flexible coupling with good damping properties to reduce vibration transmission to connected equipment and improve system stability.
- Environmental Factors: Take into account the environmental conditions in which the coupling will operate. For harsh environments, consider couplings made from corrosion-resistant materials.
- Torsional Stiffness: Depending on the application’s requirements, decide on the desired torsional stiffness of the coupling. Some applications may require high torsional stiffness for precise motion control, while others may benefit from a more flexible coupling for shock absorption.
- Cost and Life-Cycle Considerations: Evaluate the overall cost-effectiveness of the coupling over its expected life cycle. Consider factors such as initial cost, maintenance requirements, and potential downtime costs associated with coupling replacement.
- Manufacturer Recommendations: Consult coupling manufacturers and their technical specifications to ensure the selected coupling is suitable for the intended application.
- Installation and Maintenance: Ensure that the selected flexible coupling is compatible with the equipment and shaft sizes. Follow the manufacturer’s installation guidelines and recommended maintenance practices to maximize the coupling’s performance and longevity.
By following these steps and carefully evaluating the application’s requirements, you can select the most appropriate flexible coupling for your specific needs. The right coupling choice will lead to improved system performance, reduced wear on equipment, and enhanced overall reliability in various mechanical systems and rotating machinery.
editor by CX 2023-08-21