High Quality NM Flexible Coupling
Mighty can produce the following NM flexible couplings: NM50, NM67, NM82, NM97, NM112, NM128, NM148, NM168, NM194, NM214.
Material: cast iron GG25; Bore type: pilot bore, finished bore for set screw, bearing, keyway, taper bush; Surface finish: phosphate coated.
NM Coupling Features:
International standard teeth shaft coupling, flexible shaft coupling, rigid shaft coupling. Adjustable curved teeth shaft coupling, jaw, beam, metal belows, oldham, disc coupling.
Steel, Aluminum or as Your Requirement
Packaging & Shipping
All the products can be packed in cartons,or,you can choose the pallet packing.
MADE IN CHINA can be pressed on wooden cases.Land,air,sea transportation are available.UPS,DHL,TNT,
FedEx and EMS are all supported.
About Mighty Machinery
ZheJiang Mighty Machinery Co., Ltd., specializes in manufacturing Mechanical Power Transmission Products. After over 13 years hard work, MIGHTY have already get the certificate of ISO9001:2000 and become a holding company for 3 manufacturing factories.
1, Abundant experience in the mechanical processing industries.
2,Large quality of various material purchase and stock in warhouse which ensure the low cost for the material and production in time.
3,Now have 5 technical staff, we have strong capacity for design and process design, and more than 70 worker now work in our FTY and double shift eveyday.
4,Strick quality control are apply in the whole prodution. we have incoming inspection,process inspection and final production inspection which can ensure the perfect of the goods quality.
5,Long time cooperate with the Global Buyer, make us easy to understand the csutomer and handle the export.
Q: How long can I get reply after send inquiry?
A: All inquiries will be replied within 12 hours, also you may call us at any time.
Q: How soon can I get sample ?
A: Generally standard sample can be send out within 7days, and for the customize parts, it will depond on the detail requirment.
Q:What information should I give to you for inquiry?
A:Pls send the detail of the specification and QTY, also specail demands etc, and it’s better you can send us the detail drawings or catalogue.
Q: If I don’t have drawing or catalogue, how can I get sample ?
A:If you don’t have the drawing or catalogue, you can send us your sample, so we can make the drawing and sample accordingly.
Q:What is the Warranty for your products?
A:Normally our warranty is 1 year.
|Standard Or Nonstandard:||Standard|
Are there any safety considerations when using flexible couplings in rotating machinery?
Yes, there are several safety considerations to keep in mind when using flexible couplings in rotating machinery. While flexible couplings offer numerous benefits in terms of misalignment compensation, vibration isolation, and shock absorption, improper use or maintenance can lead to safety hazards. Here are some important safety considerations:
- Proper Installation: Ensure that the flexible coupling is installed correctly and securely following the manufacturer’s guidelines. Improper installation can lead to coupling failure, unexpected disconnection, or ejection of coupling components, which may result in equipment damage or injury to personnel.
- Alignment: Proper shaft alignment is essential for the reliable and safe operation of flexible couplings. Misaligned shafts can cause excessive stress on the coupling and connected components, leading to premature wear and possible failure. Regularly check and maintain proper shaft alignment to prevent safety risks.
- Operating Conditions: Consider the environmental and operating conditions of the machinery when selecting a flexible coupling. Some couplings are designed for specific temperature ranges, hazardous environments, or corrosive atmospheres. Using a coupling that is not suitable for the operating conditions can compromise safety and performance.
- Torque and Speed Limits: Always operate the flexible coupling within its specified torque and speed limits. Exceeding these limits can cause coupling failure, leading to unexpected downtime, equipment damage, and potential safety hazards.
- Maintenance: Regularly inspect and maintain the flexible coupling to ensure its continued safe operation. Check for signs of wear, damage, or corrosion, and promptly replace any worn or damaged components with genuine parts from the manufacturer.
- Emergency Stop Mechanism: In applications where safety is critical, consider implementing an emergency stop mechanism to quickly halt machinery operation in case of coupling failure or other emergencies.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): When working with rotating machinery or during maintenance tasks involving couplings, personnel should wear appropriate PPE, such as gloves, eye protection, and clothing that can resist entanglement hazards.
- Training and Awareness: Ensure that personnel working with the machinery understand the potential hazards associated with flexible couplings and receive proper training on safe handling, installation, and maintenance procedures.
By adhering to these safety considerations, operators and maintenance personnel can mitigate potential risks and ensure the safe and reliable operation of rotating machinery with flexible couplings. Additionally, it is essential to comply with relevant safety standards and regulations specific to the industry and application to ensure a safe working environment.
What are the differences between elastomeric and metallic flexible coupling designs?
Elastomeric and metallic flexible couplings are two distinct designs used to transmit torque and accommodate misalignment in mechanical systems. Each type offers unique characteristics and advantages, making them suitable for different applications.
Elastomeric Flexible Couplings:
Elastomeric flexible couplings, also known as flexible or jaw couplings, employ an elastomeric material (rubber or similar) as the flexible element. The elastomer is typically molded between two hubs, and it acts as the connector between the driving and driven shafts. The key differences and characteristics of elastomeric couplings include:
- Misalignment Compensation: Elastomeric couplings are designed to handle moderate levels of angular, parallel, and axial misalignment. The elastomeric material flexes to accommodate the misalignment while transmitting torque between the shafts.
- Vibration Damping: The elastomeric material in these couplings offers excellent vibration dampening properties, reducing the transmission of vibrations from one shaft to another. This feature helps protect connected equipment from excessive vibrations and enhances system reliability.
- Shock Load Absorption: Elastomeric couplings can absorb and dampen shock loads, protecting the system from sudden impacts or overloads.
- Cost-Effective: Elastomeric couplings are generally more cost-effective compared to metallic couplings, making them a popular choice for various industrial applications.
- Simple Design and Installation: Elastomeric couplings often have a straightforward design, allowing for easy installation and maintenance.
- Lower Torque Capacity: These couplings have a lower torque capacity compared to metallic couplings, making them suitable for applications with moderate torque requirements.
- Common Applications: Elastomeric couplings are commonly used in pumps, compressors, fans, conveyors, and other applications that require moderate torque transmission and misalignment compensation.
Metallic Flexible Couplings:
Metallic flexible couplings use metal components (such as steel, stainless steel, or aluminum) to connect the driving and driven shafts. The metallic designs can vary significantly depending on the type of metallic coupling, but some general characteristics include:
- High Torque Capacity: Metallic couplings have higher torque transmission capabilities compared to elastomeric couplings. They are well-suited for applications requiring high torque handling.
- Misalignment Compensation: Depending on the design, some metallic couplings can accommodate minimal misalignment, but they are generally not as flexible as elastomeric couplings in this regard.
- Stiffer Construction: Metallic couplings are generally stiffer than elastomeric couplings, offering less vibration dampening but higher torsional stiffness.
- Compact Design: Metallic couplings can have a more compact design, making them suitable for applications with limited space.
- Higher Precision: Metallic couplings often offer higher precision and concentricity, resulting in better shaft alignment.
- Higher Cost: Metallic couplings are typically more expensive than elastomeric couplings due to their construction and higher torque capacity.
- Common Applications: Metallic couplings are commonly used in high-speed machinery, precision equipment, robotics, and applications with high torque requirements.
In summary, the main differences between elastomeric and metallic flexible coupling designs lie in their flexibility, torque capacity, vibration dampening, cost, and applications. Elastomeric couplings are suitable for applications with moderate torque, misalignment compensation, and vibration dampening requirements. On the other hand, metallic couplings are chosen for applications with higher torque and precision requirements, where flexibility and vibration dampening are less critical.
What are the advantages of using flexible couplings in mechanical systems?
Flexible couplings offer several advantages in mechanical systems, making them essential components in various applications. Here are the key advantages of using flexible couplings:
- Misalignment Compensation: One of the primary advantages of flexible couplings is their ability to compensate for shaft misalignment. In mechanical systems, misalignment can occur due to various factors such as installation errors, thermal expansion, or shaft deflection. Flexible couplings can accommodate angular, parallel, and axial misalignment, ensuring smooth power transmission and reducing stress on the connected equipment and shafts.
- Vibration Damping: Flexible couplings act as damping elements, absorbing and dissipating vibrations and shocks generated during operation. This feature helps to reduce noise, protect the equipment from excessive wear, and enhance overall system reliability and performance.
- Torsional Flexibility: Flexible couplings provide torsional flexibility, allowing them to handle slight angular and axial deflections. This capability protects the equipment from sudden torque fluctuations, shock loads, and torque spikes, ensuring smoother operation and preventing damage to the machinery.
- Overload Protection: In case of sudden overloads or torque spikes, flexible couplings can absorb and distribute the excess torque, protecting the connected equipment and drivetrain from damage. This overload protection feature prevents unexpected failures and reduces downtime in critical applications.
- Reduce Wear and Maintenance: By compensating for misalignment and damping vibrations, flexible couplings help reduce wear on the connected equipment, bearings, and seals. This results in extended component life and reduced maintenance requirements, leading to cost savings and improved system reliability.
- Compensation for Thermal Expansion: In systems exposed to temperature variations, flexible couplings can compensate for thermal expansion and contraction, maintaining proper alignment and preventing binding or excessive stress on the equipment during temperature changes.
- Electric Isolation: Some types of flexible couplings, such as disc couplings, offer electrical isolation between shafts. This feature is beneficial in applications where galvanic corrosion or electrical interference between connected components needs to be minimized.
- Space and Weight Savings: Flexible couplings often have compact designs and low inertia, which is advantageous in applications with space constraints and where minimizing weight is crucial for performance and efficiency.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Flexible couplings are generally cost-effective solutions for power transmission and motion control, especially when compared to more complex and expensive coupling types. Their relatively simple design and ease of installation contribute to cost savings.
In summary, flexible couplings play a vital role in mechanical systems by providing misalignment compensation, vibration damping, overload protection, and torsional flexibility. These advantages lead to improved system performance, reduced wear and maintenance, and enhanced equipment reliability, making flexible couplings a preferred choice in various industrial, automotive, marine, and aerospace applications.
editor by CX 2023-09-11