NM coupling extensively used in compressors, diesel engine drives, pumps, conveyors, and many other drive units.
NM coupling consists of 2 hubs and flexible ring able to compensate all type of shaft misalignments.The flexible rings are made of Nitile rubber(NBR) which have a high internal damping characteristic which enable to absorb and dampen torsional vibrations,operate effectively in temperature range of -40~+100.
Size avalible from: 50,67,82,97,112,128,148,168,194,214,240,265.
NM coupling characteristics:Quiet and smooth operation.Easy installation and maintenance free. Available to machine with high torque and intermittent operation.
NM couplings are offered in the industry’s largest variety of stock bore/keyway combinations. These couplings require no lubrication and provide highly reliable service for light, medium, and heavy duty electrical motor and internal combustion power transmission applications. Applications include power transmission to industrial equipment such as pumps, gear boxes, compressors, blowers, mixers, and conveyors.
Packaging & Shipping
ZheJiang Mighty Machinery Co., Ltd. specializes in manufacturing Mechanical Power Transmission Products.We Mighty is the division/branch of SCMC Group, which is a wholly state-owned company, established in 1980.
-3 manufacturing factories, we have 5 technical staff, our FTY have strong capacity for design and process design, and more than 70 workers and double shift eveyday.
-Large quality of various material purchase and stock in warhouse which ensure the low cost for the material and production in time.
-Strick quality control are apply in the whole production.
we have incoming inspection,process inspection and final production inspection which can ensure the perfect of the goods quality.
-14 years of machining experience. Long time cooperate with the Global Buyer, make us easy to understand the csutomer and handle the export. MIGHTY’s products are mainly exported to Europe, America and the Middle East market. With the top-ranking management, professional technical support and abundant export experience, MIGHTY has established lasting and stable business partnership with many world famous companies and has got good reputation from CHINAMFG customers in international sales.
|Standard Or Nonstandard:||Standard|
|Material:||Steel, Stainless Steel, Cast Iron|
Are there any safety considerations when using flexible couplings in rotating machinery?
Yes, there are several safety considerations to keep in mind when using flexible couplings in rotating machinery. While flexible couplings offer numerous benefits in terms of misalignment compensation, vibration isolation, and shock absorption, improper use or maintenance can lead to safety hazards. Here are some important safety considerations:
- Proper Installation: Ensure that the flexible coupling is installed correctly and securely following the manufacturer’s guidelines. Improper installation can lead to coupling failure, unexpected disconnection, or ejection of coupling components, which may result in equipment damage or injury to personnel.
- Alignment: Proper shaft alignment is essential for the reliable and safe operation of flexible couplings. Misaligned shafts can cause excessive stress on the coupling and connected components, leading to premature wear and possible failure. Regularly check and maintain proper shaft alignment to prevent safety risks.
- Operating Conditions: Consider the environmental and operating conditions of the machinery when selecting a flexible coupling. Some couplings are designed for specific temperature ranges, hazardous environments, or corrosive atmospheres. Using a coupling that is not suitable for the operating conditions can compromise safety and performance.
- Torque and Speed Limits: Always operate the flexible coupling within its specified torque and speed limits. Exceeding these limits can cause coupling failure, leading to unexpected downtime, equipment damage, and potential safety hazards.
- Maintenance: Regularly inspect and maintain the flexible coupling to ensure its continued safe operation. Check for signs of wear, damage, or corrosion, and promptly replace any worn or damaged components with genuine parts from the manufacturer.
- Emergency Stop Mechanism: In applications where safety is critical, consider implementing an emergency stop mechanism to quickly halt machinery operation in case of coupling failure or other emergencies.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): When working with rotating machinery or during maintenance tasks involving couplings, personnel should wear appropriate PPE, such as gloves, eye protection, and clothing that can resist entanglement hazards.
- Training and Awareness: Ensure that personnel working with the machinery understand the potential hazards associated with flexible couplings and receive proper training on safe handling, installation, and maintenance procedures.
By adhering to these safety considerations, operators and maintenance personnel can mitigate potential risks and ensure the safe and reliable operation of rotating machinery with flexible couplings. Additionally, it is essential to comply with relevant safety standards and regulations specific to the industry and application to ensure a safe working environment.
What are the factors to consider when choosing a flexible coupling for a specific system?
Choosing the right flexible coupling for a specific system requires careful consideration of several factors. The following are the key factors that should be taken into account:
- 1. Misalignment Requirements: Assess the type and magnitude of misalignment expected in the system. Different couplings are designed to handle specific types of misalignment, such as angular, parallel, or axial misalignment. Choose a coupling that can accommodate the expected misalignment to prevent premature wear and failure.
- 2. Torque Capacity: Determine the required torque capacity of the coupling to ensure it can transmit the necessary power between the shafts. Consider both the continuous and peak torque loads that the system may experience.
- 3. Operating Speed: Take into account the rotational speed of the system. High-speed applications may require couplings that can handle the additional centrifugal forces and balance requirements.
- 4. Temperature Range: Consider the operating temperature range of the system. Select a coupling material that can withstand the temperatures encountered without losing its mechanical properties.
- 5. Environment and Conditions: Evaluate the environmental conditions where the coupling will be used, such as exposure to moisture, chemicals, dust, or corrosive substances. Choose a coupling material that is compatible with the operating environment.
- 6. Space Constraints: Assess the available space for the coupling installation. Some couplings have compact designs suitable for applications with limited space.
- 7. Installation and Maintenance: Consider the ease of installation and maintenance. Some couplings may require special tools or disassembly for maintenance, while others offer quick and simple installation.
- 8. Torsional Stiffness: Evaluate the torsional stiffness of the coupling. A balance between flexibility and stiffness is essential to prevent excessive torsional vibrations while accommodating misalignment.
- 9. Shock and Vibration Damping: For applications with high shock loads or vibration, select a coupling with excellent damping characteristics to protect the system from excessive forces.
- 10. Cost and Budget: Compare the cost of the coupling with the overall budget for the system. Consider the long-term cost implications, including maintenance and replacement expenses.
Ultimately, the choice of a flexible coupling should align with the specific requirements and operating conditions of the system. Consulting with coupling manufacturers or engineering experts can provide valuable insights to ensure the optimal selection of a coupling that enhances system performance, reliability, and efficiency.
Can you explain the different types of flexible coupling designs available?
There are several types of flexible coupling designs available, each with its unique construction and characteristics. These designs are tailored to meet specific application requirements and address different types of misalignment and torque transmission needs. Here are some of the most common types of flexible couplings:
- Jaw Couplings: Jaw couplings consist of two hubs with curved jaws and an elastomer spider placed between them. The spider acts as a flexible element and can compensate for angular and parallel misalignment. Jaw couplings are widely used in various industrial applications due to their simple design and effectiveness in handling misalignment and vibration damping.
- Disc Couplings: Disc couplings use thin metallic discs with a series of alternating slits and flanges to connect the shafts. The disc coupling design allows for excellent misalignment compensation, including angular, parallel, and axial misalignment. Disc couplings are known for their high torsional stiffness and precise torque transmission capabilities.
- Gear Couplings: Gear couplings consist of toothed hubs connected by an external sleeve with gear teeth. They are well-suited for applications with high torque and moderate misalignment. Gear couplings offer good misalignment compensation and high torque capacity, making them popular in heavy-duty industrial applications.
- Beam Couplings: Beam couplings use a single piece of flexible material, often a metal beam, to connect the shafts. The material’s flexibility allows for angular and axial misalignment compensation. Beam couplings are compact, lightweight, and provide low inertia, making them suitable for applications with high-speed requirements.
- Bellows Couplings: Bellows couplings consist of a bellows-like flexible structure that connects the two hubs. They can compensate for angular, parallel, and axial misalignment. Bellows couplings are known for their high torsional stiffness and ability to maintain constant velocity transmission.
- Oldham Couplings: Oldham couplings use three discs, with the middle one having a perpendicular slot. This design allows for angular misalignment compensation while transmitting torque between the hubs. Oldham couplings are often used when electrical isolation between shafts is required.
Each flexible coupling design has its strengths and limitations, and the choice depends on factors such as the application’s torque requirements, misalignment conditions, operating environment, and speed. Proper selection of the coupling type ensures optimal performance, efficiency, and reliability in various mechanical systems and rotating machinery.
editor by CX 2023-11-07